Friday, April 17, 2009

A Great Read

So my darling hubby turned me on to Dr. Laura just after we were married. I thought 'how crazy is he for listening to this lady give family and marital advice on her radio talk show.' If any of you know my hubby, I am sure you might think the same thing. Apparently he was raised on Dr. Laura and his sisters listen to her as well. So I gave her a shot and started listening. She is such an amazing woman and we have learned lots from her. She has wrote many books, and I have read one other one (The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands). She just recently published this book In Praise of Stay-At-Home-Moms. It sounded great and appealed to me, since I am a SAHM, so I bought it and read it in just a few days. It was FABULOUS!!! It reaffirmed why I am home and the benefits it gives my family. I highly recommend it to any mom out there, SAHM or not. This will definitely be a book I refer back to on those days that I wonder what I am doing and why I made the choice to stay home. If any of you do decide to read it, I would love to know what you think!

5 Thoughts:

The Painters said...

I love Dr. Laura! I have to admit though, when I first read "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" (which was a gift from my mother in law) I was slightly offended that she had given it to me considering the things it said (I felt almost as if she was saying I wasn't a sufficient enough wife...but then I realized I was just being silly) After thinking about it, honestly, it couldn't be more true about relationships! Even though I'm not a mom, I'll have to check this one out, cuz someday I hope to be a SAHM too!

Hill Family said...

I'm always looking for a great read, I'll check it out!

Misty said...

I saw an ad for this book and thought it looked interesting...if I ever find time to myself I'll have to give it a read. :)

Unknown said...

I'll have to check it out!!

Unknown said...

Maybe just what I need too :)… sounds good!!