Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Yesterday was such a great day. In fact it was such a great weekend. Justin and Jaxon helped me plant flowers and bought me some really pretty hanging flower baskets for my patio. We had a yummy BBQ with my grandmas and my Dad (my Mom was MIA cause she went to Texas to be with my sister so she wasn't alone on Mother's Day), then planted more flowers. Needless to say I found muscles in my back I haven't ever used before from the bending and squatting!!
This Mother's Day I really reflected on the title and privilege of being a mother. I am so grateful that I am able to be a mom and that I have a husband who wants/makes me stay home to raise him and help him grow. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a mom is the best/hardest job in the world. I never thought that I could love someone so much as I love my son, but man, there aren't even words to describe it. I loved him from the moment I found out I was pregnant with him and it just gets stronger every day. Justin and I both sometimes say, "Did you ever think you could love someone so much?" It is seriously the best feeling in the world. I have to admit there are days where I wished I had a job that let me leave the house, but you know, they couldn't pay me enough. Not for what I get paid from Jaxon in sticky syrup hugs and messy face kisses. I even love being his mom when he is throwing up on me and Justin is running for the bathroom himself. (Justin can't stand the thought, sight, smell of puke!) I wouldn't trade my sleepless nights for anyone/anything else in the world! Hope you all had a great Mother's Day too!

2 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

This is too cute! Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

Misty said...

Amanda, this is such a great post! You totally said what I was trying to say but you said it a lot better! Even the really really tough times are WAY worth it. It sounds like your boys took care of you. :) Happy Mother's Day!