Monday, March 29, 2010

Lists and Nesting

So my pregnancy ticker reminded me this morning that I only have 3 weeks and 3 days left til my due date. Like I don't physically know that I am nearing the end. I won't complain to you about all the aches and pains and aray of emotions of the 9th month...but lets just say that they are there in full swing. The nesting/cleaning like crazy phase is there too. All I want to do is make lists of things to do and clean and organize EVERYTHING. I made me a project list of things to have done before Anthony comes, and I have slowly but surely been crossing things off as they get done. However my to do list today has 21 things on it...a typical list for a Monday. Justin keeps reminding me that whatever doesn't get done today will still be there tomorrow, but it's hard for me to not to want to cross everything off in one day.
I can't believe that we are so close to meeting this little man. I am so excited to get him here and be a family of 4. Every time contractions start I think 'is this it?' I hate that part actually. I am such a planned out and in control person and this is one thing I don't have control over or marked on my calender. But, such is life, and once again Justin reminds me that I can't always have control over everything in life. That's a hard pill for me to swallow sometimes.
Anyway, nothing much else exciting at our house. We have taken up fishing this year and Justin and Jaxon have had a blast. I have pictures...(blog about fishing trip is on the never ending to do list too). It's cute to watch Jaxon with his Spider Man fishing pole and to watch Justin teach him about using a worm on the hook and how to try to wait patiently for a bite, (yeah we are working on the patients part especially). I am especially glad to see the sun out a bit too. I never thought that I would be one of those people that need the sunshine to be happy, but apparently I am. I seem to get really irritable and antsy this time of year. I am sick of the cold and ugliness of winter and am ready to get outside and play and work in my yard. I sit here on my couch and look out my glass door plotting everything I want to do and places I want to go. That list is also a long one.

3 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

You are going to have a baby so soon!!! I am excited to see the little guy. I remember the last month... oh the last month. Only I was so swollen it looked like i was literally about to explode, everywhere! ha ha

You need to get us some updated belly pics, before that baby is out!

Misty said...

It is seriously a little creepy how alike you and I are. Lists lists lists, control control control. I totally get it! You're going to be the most on the ball and organized mama of two on the planet! Hope these 3 weeks fly by for you.

The Wies Family said...

Wow! I didn't realize just how close you are to having this baby! How exciting! Good luck with all your to-dos!