Monday, March 15, 2010

Random Ramblings In The A.M.

So here I sit wide awake at 5:30 a.m. Way too early for my liking. You would think I would be used to it since I have been waking up at 3:30 a.m. for the past 8-10 weeks. Apparently my body has an alarm clock that goes off then that says "ok, aching back and hips can't take laying down anymore...WAKE UP!!" And I am SO not a morning person. My hubby can attest to that. I enjoy my sleep...but am learning to adjust (ok, still trying after 3.5 years). I was actually woke up, more like startled, by Jaxon this morning. We had our first bed wetting accident. I am assuming he peed in his bed, then decided to come lay on my comforter on the floor, then wake me up to tell me he was wet. I guess laundry is on the 'to do' list today. I tried to go back to sleep, but Jaxon wasn't having it. He came and got in bed with us, I got up to go to the bathroom and come downstairs, and yeah, he followed me. So here we sit watching Blues Clues while I am having some nasty contractions. I am telling you...I am not going to make it another 5 weeks and 3 days. Or, like Justin thinks, he will be a stubborn baby and be overdue. So that would mean at least another 6 weeks of contractions and uncomfortableness. I wish that I could use Blues Clues to figure out exactly when this baby is coming. It would make things a lot easier. On a side note...it's funny the things you think about while laying in bed at 3:30 a.m. This morning for me it was the thought of 'are the bottles that go to my breast pump clean' and 'did I throw away those old nipples, pretty sure I did, does that mean I go buy new bottles and nipples or just new nipples?' Yep, those are the things I was seriously pondering. Oh yeah and the fact that I need to buy more nursing pads. And that I should seriously pack my hospital bag today. I think I am getting so close, yet that part is not done. That can go on the 'to do' list right under laundry. Sorry it's a long rambling post...but I am entitled seeing as it's now 5:45 a.m. I will keep my 2 readers posted on these nasty contractions. So far they are still pretty strong and painful...Justin will be thrilled to hear this when he wakes up!!!

1 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Oh, early morning posts are the best kind of posts! :) I remember when I was pregnant with the twinners and everyone would tell me "get all the sleep you can now 'cause you won't get any once they're here" and I would think 'YOU try sleeping when you're this big and uncomfortable!' I think this is just nature's way of helping you get ready for when little Anthony is here and you'll be up at 3:30 feeding him. Think how productive you'll be because you'll be used to it instead of stumbling around half asleep! :)