Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Thoughts On Being A Mom

With Mother's Day being this past weekend, and lots of my friends having babies (including my own new baby) I have been thinking a lot about being a mom and the joy it brings me. This is seriously the toughest task I have ever accepted, but I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. To me being a mom is the most daunting task I could have ever accepted. I mean I have these 2 boys who rely on me for EVERYTHING. It is my job to raise them well and teach them all they need to know to prepare them for the real world. Some days I get thinking about it and it almost scares me, so I try to take it one day at a time. Granted this job is not always so glamorous or easy. There are plenty of days that jammie pants and a t shirt is what my hubby comes home to (poor guy). I always thought I would never be that mom, but you know, spending more time with my boys or helping them with something is way more important than getting all dolled up. I have a girlfriend in Vegas who also has 2 kids and sometimes I just laugh at the conversations we have. We both used to work at a high end cosmetic counter and were quite the divas. Ok we still are divas, but you get it. But the funny part is to think of who we were then to who we are now because of our children. There are plenty of times that we chat and laugh at the fact that it is 2:00 p.m. and neither one of us has showered or got ready for the day. All because our kids take presedence in our lives and their needs come first.
I also have been thinking about my hubby's mom. It will be 11 years on Sunday that she has been gone and I know Mother's Day is rough for him with her not being around. It reminds me to take advantage of the time I have with my mom, even when it is not easy, because one day she will be gone. I wish I could have met Justin's mom just to thank her for raising such a great guy. The values she instilled in him are amazing, a lot of the time doing it on her own. He is such a great provider for our family and the most selfless person I know, and I know that comes from her.
Even as hard as this job is, I wouldn't trade it for the world. These 2 boys teach me more than they will ever know. Jaxon reminds me to stop and 'smell the roses' and that it's ok to have an imaginiation and be silly sometimes. And Anthony reminds me about the miracle of life and how precious it is. It is an amazing experience and I feel truly blessed to have these beautiful boys in my life.

1 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Great post, Amanda! You're awesome. :)