Monday, September 14, 2009

My Brain is Gone

It's official, my brain has gone down the drain. I can't keep anything straight anymore, nor can I remember anything, not even what I had for breakfast this morning! Just kidding, it was a yummy glazed doughnut...healthy right?!
Anyway what I mean is ever since I found out I was pregnant I really can't keep anything straight. Lets take this week for example, (I know, it's only Monday!) I usually have Wednesdays off, but I am working this one so I can have Saturday off. Yeah I scheduled 2 doctor visits and a dentisit appt. all for this Wednesday! I am sure they were all thrilled with me this morning when I had to call and move them to next week!
Then, I can't remember if I gave my dog his heart worm medicine last month (pretty sure I didn't, but don't dare give it to him yet this month). I am lucky that all of my bills have been paid on time and that I remember to feed and water my son. I know they say it is normal, but it drives me CRAZY because I am usually so organized and on top of things. When I was pregnant with Jaxon I could never remember if I shut my garage door or not. Good thing my sweet neighbor understood and was always willing to go out and check for me!!
Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?!?!

2 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Ooooooo yeah, you're definitely not alone! My MIL saw something on Opra where this doctor was saying that when you're pregnant, you lose 8% of your brain or something like that. (And hey, if it was on Opra, it's GOT to be true!)

When you think about it, though, with everything your body does to make a whole 'nother human, it's gotta take some from your brain! :) Hang in there -- I can't say it will get better, but you'll learn to adapt. (Why do you think I'm such a list person?) :)

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

Ooooh! You're gunna have another little one. I'm SOOO excited! Two is even more fun than one. Congrats you two... so happy for you guys.