Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update on the Hearing Test

Ok I know I am a little out of control, 3 posts all in 1 day, but I just wanted to give an update on the trip to the doc for the hearing test. We just got back and he did in fact pass this hearing test. So that makes me feel good to know that he can in fact hear. So I am not sure what happens from here. I will chat with our doc in a couple of days and see what he recommends. Maybe I am just being anal and paranoid, but I just want to be sure that everything is ok. I do however feel like this doctor that we just saw was kind of thinking I was crazy because after the test he was all "I am sure he is normal and just not ready to talk." This may be true, but the last time I checked I am the mom and I get to decide what I want done with my child. I am pretty sure that is my right, especially as a first time parent, to be a little more concerned. Anyway, there is my soapbox for the day, and I will keep you all updated on what happens next.

2 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Glad he's hearing okay. You're 100% right about being able to stress about this -- he's your son, not just another patient, and like I said, you have to go with your gut on these things, even if it's telling you to get every single test done just so you have peace of mind.

Ashley and Devan said...

It's good that he passed his hearing test. I think you should follow your gut feeling. So I work for one of the best ENT's in the state. Anytime we see kids who have speech delay we test their hearing and if they pass we send them to Primary Childrens to see a Speech Therapist (there is an extension office in Ogden, so maybe there is one in Provo too?). The Speech Therapist can evaluate them and give you more info. Maybe you could try that?