Saturday, November 1, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

On Tuesday afternoon we decided to carve the 2 pumpkins that Jaxon got from his Grandma's this year. Justin cut the tops off so Jaxon & I could clean them out, (funny how he got out of that messy job, right?). I was trying to show Jaxon how to clean them out, but he wasn't too sure about it.
After a few minutes of watching me, he decided that it was ok and dove right in. It was fun to watch him with the seeds and the stringys. He either didn't like the strings on his hands, or wanted to eat the seeds. YUCK!




Then, the next night (cause we forgot the night we carved them, I know horrible parents!) we lit them up! Again Jaxon wasn't too sure as to why we were outside in the dark past his bedtime. But once we lit them all we heard from him was "hot, hot!" It was the cutest thing!
Here is our pumpkins all lit up!

And to finish it off, here is me trying to get Jaxon to look at the camera for a family photo in front of our pumpkins! This year was so much more fun than last year!








3 Thoughts:

Ashley and Devan said...

Doesn't having a child just make Halloween so much more fun! Your pumpkins turned out cute.

Misty said...

You're giving me hope for next year...I didn't even attempt jack-o-lanterns this year. :) They look great!

Unknown said...

I feel so badly… We didn’t get ours done again this year… uugghh… Yours look so cute!! Way to go MOM!!