Thursday, November 13, 2008

FINALLY!!!

So after hours and days and weeks with little or no sleep and a lot of stress and applying to jobs...Justin finally was offered a job and he took it!! It is back at Sunroc (yes, the same company he was laid off from) only in the insulation plant, and not the lumber side where he originally was. So, he goes today to fill out some paperwork and get the ball rolling and hopefully by this next week he can start working again. This is especially a good thing because he will get his medical benefits back immediately, which is great because neither Justin or myself have been covered while he has been off. We have some reservations because of the way this job pays its employees, but anything is better than where we are right now.
The funny/crazy thing about this happening now is on Tuesday night he was looking at the DWS website and there was a job for Questar for a meter reader postition. Naturally it paid well, was close to home and comes with great stability and future growth. So he applies for the job, we fax off the application cause it had to be there by 4:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon, and then last night Sunroc calls and offers him this insulation job. So, in the meantime, we are crossing our fingers that Questar does call and maybe offers him the job with them, because that would be more ideal for us, but we will see. It just never fails, our timing for these things is always off.
However, I am just glad that we have something now, besides lovely unemployment and I know it will make Justin feel better to be back to work. I have to admit I am also looking forward to not having to stress so much and maybe the headaches and sleepless nights will go away!

8 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Hooray! Kind of ironic that it's at Sunroc, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Questar job.

carter said...

Hi I don't know if you know me personally but I'm Jake Carter's wife and I just wanted to say that is great he got the job at Sunroc. now you can finally sleep at night. Also Best of Luck on the Questar job!

Ashley said...

That's great he got his job back. My brothers friend just got hired there to, maybe they will work together. His name is Cory Hansen.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys! What a relief! Hopefully that other job will work out as well.

The Perry's said...

That is so exciting to hear. I am so happy for you guys. I hope that the Questar job works out for you guys.

Jesse and Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Hill Family said...

yipee! Glad things are starting to work out!

Unknown said...

I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!... Sorry I’m really behind on reading!!... I just sat down tonight to get caught up on all my blog reading and posting. The sun is shinning and directed you way!! What a relief for you both!! :)