Thursday, January 29, 2009

My New Obsession

Ok, so I have this new obsession with shopping with coupons and trying to get the best deal out there when it comes to my grocery shopping. I have always been a concious shopper and have price matched with my grocery ads, but lately I have been crazy about it. I think it all started when my mom told me about this lady that she works with. She went grocery shopping, bought like 15-20 items and only wound up paying $1.26. That's right...$1.26. I thought this was impossible right? WRONG!! She has found ways to save every last peeny with coupons, shopping the ads, using online resources and knowing which stores do double or triple coupons. She is one smart lady if you ask me! So, ever since my mom told me this, I have been trying to figure out ways that I can do this to save our family even more money on grocerys. Tomorrow is my first shopping trip since becoming this way, and I am excited to see the difference.

5 Thoughts:

Heidi Rushton said...

I go in and out of doing stuff like this. I am currently into doing it and was able to get some things for FREE or very cheap at my last grocery shopping trip. Good luck with yours!

The Perry's said...

Let me know how it turns out! I would love to get into that kind of thing.

Unknown said...

I too am Couponing!! Lol We are so much alike (it’s a little scary lol). Here are 2 links for you to take a look at my favorite http://www.savvyshopperdeals.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1 and another helpful site http://www.utahcityguide.com/new/guru/index.asp . You’ll have to let me know how your shopping trip goes. I’ve gotten several free things over the past few weeks. I use to do it, and decided I needed to start up again and cut and save in every way that I can. You should see where your mom’s friend goes to get her info and maybe share. The SavvyShopper really has a great system. She is doing a class in Feb that I’m planning on signing up on, let me know if your interested ok :)

Misty said...

I have friends who do this, but it sounds too overwhelming for me. Let me know how it works out for you...I may have to reconisder!

Krystal said...

I've attempted to do the coupons and ad matching so many times, then I just give up!! I really need to get back into the swing of things! Good Luck!