Monday, February 2, 2009

My Shopping Trip

Ok, so here are the details of my grocery shopping trip. My first stop was Albertson's. They had a really good ad this week, and some awesome in store coupons. I bought their boneless, skinless chicken breasts that were on ad for $1.77/lb. (This is something I like to have on hand in my freezer.) They also had a frozen pizza on special that if you bought one, you got a second one and 2 2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper free. They had some Orville Redenbacher pop corn on that if you bought one box, you got 3 free. It worked out to only be .75 cents per box!! They also had some cereal on and I had a coupon to use on top of it, and when you bought the cereal, you get a gallon of milk free on your next trip, although my grandma (the real coupon queen!) told me today that if you ask, they will let you get your milk right then. Anyway, my coupons totaled $55.21 and I only paid $59.72. Not bad to walk out of the store having only paid $59 and having over $100 worth of grocerys in your car!
Then my next trip was to Smith's. Their deal this week was they had a bunch of items and if you bought 10 of them, they took $5.00 off at the register. So really you are only paying $5.00 plus the tax. I bought some pepsi, Keebler cookies, goldfish, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and a few other things. I did the 10 items twice, so I got 20 items for $38.00; and that includes a .5 cent savings on my next gasoline fill up. The receipt says that I saved $10.00 in coupon savings, $19.18 in Fresh Value savings, so my total was 44%. Not as great as Albertson's but hey, saving some money is better than none at all right?
The nice part about this shopping trip is that these groceries will last us 2 weeks, until Justin gets paid again. I may have to grab a gallon of milk, but that is about it.
Stay tuned for more of my grocery shopping adventures!! (I know you are all on the edge of your seat waiting for it!)

1 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Sounds good and fun!! I’ll have to share some of my trips and savings over the past few weeks too!!... way to go girl!!