Thursday, March 12, 2009

9,855 Days

I am sure reading the title of this post has got you wondering what in the world I am talking about, right? That is how long my parents have been married, 9,855 days, or 27 years as of today. I am not sure why, but it really has me thinking about my own marriage. Hopefully Justin and I make it that long! :) Just kidding, we will! 27 years though, I mean that is unheard of any more. In 27 years they have had 3 kids, built 3 of their own homes, moved like 10 times, lost a parent and a sister, became grandparents times 2 (almost 3), (no not me, my sister in about 5 weeks), and yet through it all, still are so happy together. They are seriously the best of friends and a great example of a true support system.

1 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

That is great! I feel so lucky that my parents are still married too and I am striving to get there as well. :)