Thursday, March 26, 2009

It Got Me Thinking

I came across a blog (yes, while I was blogstalking) and the post was about how this mom of two kids was having a rough day and was feeling like maybe what she does as a mom doesn't matter or how maybe she wishes that she had more 'me' time. Any one who is a mother, or a stand in mother, knows exactly what she is talking about and can probably relate to it in some way. She then gave a quote that her sister gave her that really got my attention, it goes:
"A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress affect the lives of her children and the whole family. It is while the child is in the home that he gains from his mother the contribution he will make to society."
N. Eldon Tanner, a General Authority for the LDS Church.
I have decided to put this quote on my fridge so I can look at it every day and it will help me remember what kind of impact I as a mother will have and do have on my children and that what I do everyday is important.

3 Thoughts:

Misty said...

I love it! It's going on my fridge too! :)

wickless said...

What a great Quote. I am a Father. And I think that being a Mother is one of the toughest jobs out there. To my Wife and all the Mothers out there keep up all the hard work.
Scentsy

Unknown said...

WOW!! It’s going everywhere the mirror, computer, bulletin board, and fridge!! I really needed to hear/read that!!! Thank you!!