Friday, March 6, 2009

What Makes Me Feel Beautiful?

So one of my best girl friends recently posted about what makes her feel beautiful. She recently received her issue of Glamour magazine, who is celebrating their 70th year. The magazine recapped trends in beauty for the past 70 years, and then posed the question...What makes you feel beautiful? So on her post she listed what makes her feel beautiful and then asked the same question at the end. I really liked it and it got me thinking. What makes me feel beautiful? Besides the fun girly stuff, what else? So I pondered on it for a few days and here is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy!
1. Being pregnant. As crazy as it may sound, I love it. Now this friend would probably disagree as she feels this is what her body is supposed to do, but I feel so empowered and strong and feminine when I am pregnant.
2. Wearing stiletto heels. I don't wear them as often as I used to, but that makes me feel beautiful.
3. Cooking. Whether I am baking or making dinner, it makes me feel beautiful.
4. My boys. Just hanging out with them makes me feel beautiful. Especially when they are excited to see me!
5. Having a clean and organized house. I love this feeling of being in control of my house and life, and that is a beautiful thing.
So now, I am asking you the same thing...What makes you feel beautiful?

2 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Love this post, Amanda! It's really got me thinking...

Hill Family said...

I LOVED IT!! I miss wearing my heels too, and I agree I feel beautiful when I bake, or having sex, but I can't post that!!
And I'm glad you read my blog!