Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

This past month I have been reflecting on what I am truly thankful for this year. Not that it really changes from year to year, but I think as we experience different things, the perspective might change a bit. This holiday season is different from last year. Justin was out of work last year and I feel like it really was a wake up call to what I am truly thankful for and what REALLY matters most. I won't bore you with a super long post, I just feel like I need to get it out.

*First and foremost I am thankful for my family. My devoted husband who works so hard to support our family, my son who reminds me what life is really about, this unborn baby who reminds me how precious life is and what a joy it is to be a mother.

*I am thankful for my parents for giving me a different perspective on life and for my two sister in laws and their families for accepting me into their family and loving me as if I was one of their own.

*I am thankful for good friends, otherwise known sometimes as my therapists.

*I am thankful for good health.

*I am thankful for a roof over my head, food in my pantry, and a warm home at night.

*I am thankful to live in a free country where we can come and go and live life as we please.

I know it seems like a list of little, or common things, to be thankful for, but I think they are the things in life that get taken for granted and sometimes forgotten.

1 Thoughts:

Misty said...

Love your list! :)