Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas and Needed Feedback

Merry Late Christmas Everyone!! We had such a great Christmas this year. It was a busy few days but we enjoyed every minute of it. It was full of eating, visiting family, eating some more and waiting for Santa to come! I will post pics and more details in a later post. Until then, I need some feedback. I am thinking of starting a chore chart for Jaxon and am curious as to your thoughts on it. Is he too young (he is 3) what kinds of things would you put on there (brush teeth, pick up toys), and so forth. Leave me a comment with any thoughts on this, if you have done it, know someone who has done it, anything. Thanks...can't wait to hear your awesome feedback!!

4 Thoughts:

Ashley and Devan said...

We did a chore chart for Hunter in the summer. It worked great. I printed one off of Familyfun.com. It wasn't a big deal, it had 4 chores on it. Each day I would place on the fridge a picture of the chore he was supposed to do. It had things like watering plants, picking up toys, putting away silverware and something else that I cant remember. He loved it. I should do it again. I think the earlier you teach responsibility the better. Good Luck!!

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

I think its great to have your kids help out w/ things as soon as their willing. My daughter, Harlee (yep same as your dog) has started to help clean her toys. A picture chore chart is a great way for a toddler to feel like they're accomplishing something. What a great idea!! I just don't know what you can put on it. Cleaning his toys and brushing his teeth are great ideas that he should be able to do. I'd watch him this week and see what he wants to help w/ and add it as long as you're comfortable w/ the chore (dishes would be too advanced for example). Good luck!!

Misty said...

I've been thinking it's time for my boys to start some chores, too. I'm thinking I might just make up a little poster for them and get some cool stickers they can put on it when they've done a chore. If it's supposed to motivate them to potty train, it should be able to motivate them to brush their teeth and pick up their socks, right? Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hey girl.. ok so I'm behind (but catching up) in my blog reading again. But I totally think that chores are great!! keeping it simple and small for him right now. It was the best thing I did for/with the boys. They loved it!! I did mine with the boys, they helped me and it was fun for us. I used this link http://www.dltk-cards.com/chart/
it has just 3 spots and that is good for them. Then went to the dollar store and they picked out a sticker book that they liked. They got to pick the sticker and put it on the chart when they did the item. When they got so many stickers they earned something. They choose that they wanted to go to the dollar store and pick out 1 toy. Great for them and GREAT for me!!... You'll have to let me know how it's gone for you!! Miss you girl, hope your doing well!! :)