Friday, December 18, 2009

Favorite Holiday Traditions

Can I just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year?! It has to be my favorite, despite the cold weather. I love the snow, the excitement, the decorations, the food, I love it all. I copied my friend Ashley's idea about posting favorite holiday traditions. Here are mine, in no particular order.

1. Driving through the Festival of Lights and around Salem Pond.
2. Opening pj's on Christmas Eve.
3. Eating all the yummy food and treats!
4. Watching Jaxon get just as excited about Santa coming as I do.
5. Watching the Christmas Story over and over and over with Justin.
6. Shopping for and wrapping gifts.
7. Putting up all the Christmas decor on Thanksgiving weekend.
8. Making sugar cookies with Jaxon.
9. Laying around in my pj's, eating and watching movies on Christmas Day.
10. Spending time with family.

I seriously feel like a little kid every year, and I love that Jaxon inherited that trait from me! On a side note, I have to tell you all something funny about that...so the other night when I was in the tub having contractions, I hear the sound of wrapping paper ripping. Yep, Jaxon had gotten under the tree, picked out a present and opened it. It was a 'Ants In The Pants' game and he had the game tore open ready to play. I couldn't be mad, it was too funny!!

2 Thoughts:

The Perry's said...

Those sound like such fun traditions and a lot like mine. That is funny about him opening a gift. I am kind of hesitating if I should put the presents under the tree now or later.

Misty said...

I love your list! We really have so many things in common. :) Adam loves The Christmas Story too, we watch it almost non-stop. :) That is too funny about Jaxon...and exactly why we don't have a single present under our tree yet! I hope you guys have a great Christmas! :)