Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Granny

Nancy Marie Stone Lawrence James

1942 ~ 2009

Nancy Marie Stone Lawrence James, loving mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and sister passed away on Sunday, December 6, 2009 in Goshen, Utah. She was born on October 2, 1942 in Denver, Colorado to Dean Alma and Dona Marie Warner Stone.

She enjoyed crocheting, knitting, Goshen Sr. Citizen Center, Book Club, cooking, and canning. She loved to spend time with her children and grandchildren and found great joy in serving them. She's back with the love of her life, dancing the night away!

Nancy is survived by her five children, Morgan (Terri), Brenda (Mark), Joe (Rachel), Jennifer (Steven), Jacob (Trinity), 23 grandchildren, and 6 great-grandchildren. She is also survived by her siblings, Susan, Ann, and Dean. Nancy was preceded in death by her parents Dean and Dona Stone, and her husband, Star James.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, December 11, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Walker Family Mortuary, 187 South Main Street, Spanish Fork, Utah. Family and friends may call on Thursday evening, December 10, 2009 at the mortuary from 6:00-8:00 p.m. or on Friday morning from 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment will be in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery.

This was my Granny, my mom's mom. It was such a shock to receive this phone call Sunday night. In fact it still doesn't seem real that she is gone. I have so many great memories of spending time with her, and I am grateful for that time.
Another thing I am grateful for is I was the last one to see and talk to her. She stopped by my house after grocery shopping Friday afternoon and we chatted for a while and made plans to have lunch on Tuesday (yesterday).
The only thing I find comfort in right now is knowing that she is with her sweet hubby, Star, who passed away just over 2 years ago.

3 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. That has got to be such a hard thing to go though. {hugs}

The Perry's said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to go through. If you need anything just let me know.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss Amanda... My prayers have been with you...