Monday, February 2, 2009

Bread Class

On Saturday, me and two other friends went to a bread making class offered by Pantry Secrets. This was the best class ever and I would recomend it to everyone!! We learned how to make bread from start to finish in only an hour. That's right 60 minutes!! I couldn't believe it either, cause the last time I made bread it took all stinking day and it came out hard as a rock!
This lady and her daughter teach these classes out of their home in Pleasant Grove. It was a 2 hour class and costed me $20.00. I am telling you though, it was well worth the money. Not only were they funny, but they taught us how to use our pantrys more efficiently, and how to use our food storage. She figured it out and when she makes a loaf of bread, it only costs her .12 cents. I have never, and probably never will, see bread that cheap! Not to mention it is home made so it tastes better and you know exactly what went in to it, so there are no hidden ingredients!
In the 2 hour time we made a loaf of bread, a pizza, cinnamon swirls and a cream cheese braid. It all tasted amazing!! On Sunday I made some of my own and it turned out sooo good. I think it will take some time to practice and really get it down, but it tasted good and wasn't hard as a rock! Justin was even impressed and said that it tasted good, and he is one of my toughest critics! So now along with coupon clipping, I am adding making bread to my list of things to do! I think I may be becoming quite the 'Suzy Homemaker'!
P.S. To check out their site go to www.pantrysecrets.com

1 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

LOL… REMEMBER the comment I left you about a great recipe that I had for you that I made bread start to finish in an hour, you wanted me to share and I spaced it…of course.… well you guest it… THAT WAS IT…LOL LOL LOL...I LOVE IT!!... I really want to go to a class but I’ve been making it since the early fall. I love it and I really want to know some more of their tips!!... I got the recipe from a friend and haven’t been to their class, just the info from her and what she’s learned.