Monday, February 2, 2009

Crazy Jaxon

Today I decided to tackle the closet in Jaxon's playroom. It wasn't dirty, just needed some organizing. So I pulled everything out and got started. I had some toys in there that Jaxon used to play with when he was smaller, but now has no interest in, and they will have to wait until another baby comes along. So I pile them all in the living room and of course my little shadow, a.k.a. Jaxon was right there with me, and then I turn around and where was he? That's right, playing with the baby toys in the living room! He wouldn't leave them alone all afternoon. He didn't care that I told him they were baby toys, he wanted to play with those and the heck with the rest of the toys. So I had to grab the camera for a little photo of him crawling through the underwater tunnel! He is such a funny kid!
Also in Jaxon news this weekend we had a bit of a tragedy. He has had a bit of a cold for like the last 2 weeks and just can't seem to shake it. So we decided to run a humidifier in his room Saturday night. So I get him all bathed, put in his pj's (mind you the humidifier is running), and am putting the lotion and powder on his dresser, thinking that he is grabbing Pooh bear, and all of a sudden I hear this loud scream. Yep, he touched the hot steam coming out of the humidifier! So I am running it under cold water, trying to console him, feeling like such a negligent mom, trying to calm him and Justin down, also trying to see if it is red or not. I take him back in the room to lay him down and he tells me he wants the humidifier out of his room. So I get him all layed down and snuggled in his bed, come downstairs and he starts screaming again. I go up get him to sleep and think nothing of it. Then the next afternoon when he gets up from his nap I notice something on his finger. Yeah, the blister he had, (which I didn't notice all day) had popped and the skin was hanging on by a thread. So we pulled it off ( not sure if that is the right thing to do or not), and have been keeping cream and a band aid on it since. YIKES!! First off, I shouldn't have had the stupid thing running til he was in bed, secondly I should have paid more attention to my sons hand while running it under water and thirdly, why didn't I notice the blister the next morning?! I tell you, I have felt like crap ever since it happened! Then to top it all off, sometimes through out the day he will remind me it is there and that it hurts. I think he is trying to rub it in that I slacked off and he burnt his finger because of it!!

2 Thoughts:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel I’ve done something a little similar and I beat myself up for what seemed to be forever!!... I hope his little finger is doing better and you have to let yourself heal from it as well :). Remember you are a great Mom, and your VERY loved!!

Misty said...

Just last week I was doing my hair when Aaron came in and grabbed flat iron...burning hot! He has a gigantic blister on his thumb and I've done the same thing...every time I see it I feel like a complete failure as a Mom! So, no real advice for you, just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one! :)