Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jaxon's List


So when the new year came around, I decided that one of my new years resolutions was going to be to have more patients with my boys, mainly Jaxon. I feel like he is a pretty good kid, a typical 2 year old BOY. (for anyone who has boys, you know what I mean by boy!!) He is very laid back and just kind of rolls with the punches, but for the last few weeks I feel like I am constantly losing my patients with him and needing to put myself in 'mommy time out'. It could be that we can't go play outside yet, so we can't get our wiggles out. It could also be that because of Justin's work schedule, it is mainly me and Jaxon together 24/7, and we might be getting on each others nerves. Never the less, I am trudging forward trying my best every day to be more patient.

So, on my friends blog, she copied my list of why I love my husband (obviously not my list exactly...just the idea), then I noticed she did a list about her daughter. So I decided to do the same thing about Jaxon. Sometimes I have to remind myself the little things I love about Jaxon. Here goes:

1. He makes me laugh everyday.
2. He reminds me what life is really about.
3. I love experiencing 'firsts' with him.
4. He is one of my best friends.
5. I love that he always wants to be with me, even if he knows I am mad at him. (talk about unconditional love.)
6. He is sooo laid back.
7. Some of the things he says crack me up. (for example he now calls Justin 'daddydad' HILARIOUS!!)
8. I love that he loves to wrestle and do boy things, but then loves to snuggle with his mom.
9. He is so smart and such a fast learner.
10. I love that he is such a morning person, and I am not. It definitely starts my day out right!


2 Thoughts:

Misty said...

This is such a cute post, and a great idea! I have to work on the whole patience thing, too...I think it's a mom thing, not just a you thing! But they are definitely worth the tough times! :)

Unknown said...

That is a great resolution. He is such a cute little guy! I bet he is a lot of work though. I am enjoying every moment of Lola's pre-walking age ha ha