Friday, July 31, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Jaxon decided to start climbing out of his crib, so we decided it was time for a big boy bed before he really hurt himself. His crib is one that converts to a day bed style and is close to the ground. We decided to try this for a while and maybe 'you know who' will bring him a regular big boy bed for Christmas. He wasn't sure what to think of the new bed at first, but lately has been doing pretty well with it. We have definitely gone the rounds with getting him to stay in his bed and securing anything within his reach, but I am happy to say that he stays in it for nap time and bed time...for the most part.
(Never mind the fact that blogger or I loaded them in the wrong order!!)
Jaxon sitting on his bed.

Helping dad convert it from crib to bed.
Jaxon helping dad 'do the work'.

I can't believe he is old/big enough to be sleeping in his own bed. Not to mention we have been potty training as well...it makes me feel sad and happy all at the same time. I am excited to see him grow up, but then it makes me sad cause it has happened all too fast and he reminds me he is not a baby any more. Not to mention his 3rd birthday is right around the corner and that doesn't help at all!!!

2 Thoughts:

Ashley and Devan said...

I honestly can't believe he lasted in his crib so long. That's awesome! Hunter started crawling out of his right around his 2nd birthday so we switched him to a twin bed then. He now gets up and climbs in our bed all the time. I kind of enjoy it though.

Misty said...

I can't believe he was in a crib so long, either! What a good boy! I love the picture of him helping Justin put it together! And he looks so cute and grown up!! (Jaxon that is, not Justin. :) )